BOX III. 9 – Writings by Dix – column - DOROTHY
DIX LETTER BOX
Folder 9 of 22
Newspaper clippings of articles. Topics addressed are listed at the top
of each column and titles are listed as scripted. Articles # 9, 10 and
11 are from Dix’ scrap book.
1. “Secret Marriages Cause Much Trouble and Invariably Should Be
Avoided; in Many Cases Husbands and Wives Lose Their Love for each
2. “SHOULD HE TAKE BACK HIS FICKLE SWEETHEART WHEN SHE TIRES OF HER FAST
LIFE?-HOW A GIRL WHO IS ‘JUST A PAL’ TO A MAN CAN AWAKEN LOVE-GETTING
RID OF HUMAN SPONGE.” Public Ledger, 1927.
3. “Two Weddings Prescribed for This Case-Can The Divorced Wife and
Mother Prevent Further Wrecking by Letter?-Why Dorothy Dix Looks With
Disfavor Upon the Long Engagements,”ns., 1925.
4. “Why a Man Is Justified in Refusing to Marry the Girl Who Expects Him
to Help With House-work-Sage Advice to Wife Whose Husband Rebels At Her
Cooking-Shall He Marry a Gold-Digger,” ns.,nd.
5. “Widows Who Are Independent Wealthy Make a Grave Error by Rushing
Into Marriage With Men Whom They Know to Have Bad Traits-So Don’t Do
6. “The Wife of the Man to Whom Marriage Is Just an Annex to His
Bachelorhood-How Can She Tell When She’s in Love? How to Snub the
Flirtatious Stranger.” Public Ledger, 1924.
7. “Wives Can Make or Break Their Husbands by the Way They Talk About
Them to Other People. Be a Booster and Watch Him Go Up the Ladder of
8. “Young Girls Need to Learn a Lot About Proper Decorum, Especially
Where Boys Are Concerned, and It is Up to the Latter to Tell Them About
9. “MAGIC FORMULA FOR MAKING A GIRL ATTRACTIVE TO MEN,” THE FLAPPER
MOTHER OF A FLAPPER DAUGHTER,”ns.,nd.
10. “Wisdom of Thrift – Nestegg for Old Age, Making Life’s Sunset a
Pleasant One,” ns.,nd.
11. “Men Are Blamed for Slump in Marriage; Prefer Automobiles to
Perambulators. High Cost of Living May Be One of the Chief reasons for
Bachelorhood. Men Fear Alimony,” ns.,nd.
Dorothy Dix Research Guide (menu)