BOX XIV. 7 – Slides of Dix’s life and the
Dorothy Dix Symposium at Woodstock
Folder 7 of 8
Slides made from selected photographs taken at the Dorothy Dix
Symposium, 1991 and from newspaper announcements about the Symposium.
1. Woodstock Mansion at the time of the Symposium, September 27, 199 (2
2. Participants gathering at Woodstock for Symposium registration (3
3. Outdoor view of grounds with luncheon tables being set up (6 copies).
4. The nearly 200 guests lining up for the buffet lunch (6 copies).
5. Luncheon entertainment provided by a group of drama students from the
Austin Peay State University Drama Department. Dr. Joe Filippo
coordinated the performance of the walking and talking production
telling the Dorothy Dix story; with assistance from Ms. Lydia Leding and
Polly Anna Vickery. Guests are APSU Professor Charles Waters and
Librarian Emma Mae Palmer.
6. The formal presentations were held under the tent (3 copies).
7. Symposium announcement in the APSU Monday’s Memo (2 copies).
8. Symposium display at the APSU F.G. Woodward Library (3 copies).
9. A buffet dinner was served at the home of Dr. and Mrs. Joe Filippo
before the theatrical evening production (2 copies).
10. Dorothy Dix Talks, an original two act play written by John
MacDonald and presented by the Clarksville Roxy Theatre. The play was
performed in the evening of the Symposium day.
11. Samples of printed matter for the Symposium (6 copies).
Research Guide (menu)