Use of Library Facilities by Individuals Under the Age of Eighteen
Woodward Library complies with Austin Peay State University Policy Number 3:032 regarding Minors on Campus.
Woodward Library facilities are designed for use by members of the campus community and members of the general public for research and learning purposes. The safety and security of children is very important and is the responsibility of the parent or adult caregiver. Because Woodward Library is an open-use facility, situations can arise which may present risks to children. Library employees cannot assume responsibility for children's safety and comfort when they are unattended.
- With the exception of affiliated or registered minors, children must be accompanied by a parent or adult caregiver.
- Parents and adults must monitor all activities and behavior of their children while the children are in the Library.
- Library InfoStations are restricted to use for research and the completion of course assignments.
- Children are not permitted in the (LICR) Library Instruction and Computer Room.
- If a child is left unattended in the Library, Campus Security may be contacted.
Adopted August 27, 2004