Box 2 - Biographical - furniture
Folder 7 of 18
Articles about Dix’s furniture of which some were purchased abroad while on her trips. She had a great interest in good authentic furniture depicting the design of countries she had visited.
1. “Is Your Home furnished as It Should Be?” “Yes,” Answers Dorothy Dix,” “If Its Furnishings Express YOU,” by Mary Willis Shuey. Better Homes and Gardens, November, 1930.
2. “Furnishing a House WITH MEMORIES,” by Harnett T. Kane with Ella Bentley Arthur. The Times Picayune, Sunday, October 16, 1927.
3. “ALL LANDS FURNISH HOME OF DOROTHY DIX. Results Would Stagger Decorator, Says Mrs. Gilmer, But Treasures Bespeak Her Own Personality.” The Times Picayune, Sunday, October 16, 1927.
4. “Dorothy Dix: Her Furniture,” by G. William Nott. Photocopy of the original at The Historic New Orleans Collection, nd.
5. “Miss Dix,” part of an article in which Dix talks about her furniture and how she acquired certain pieces, ns., nd.