Box 3 - Writings by Dix – column - DOROTHY DIX LETTER BOX
Folder 9 of 22
Newspaper clippings of articles. Topics addressed are listed at the top of each column and titles are listed as scripted. Articles # 9, 10 and 11 are from Dix’ scrap book.
1. “Secret Marriages Cause Much Trouble and Invariably Should Be Avoided; in Many Cases Husbands and Wives Lose Their Love for each Other,” ns.,nd.
2. “SHOULD HE TAKE BACK HIS FICKLE SWEETHEART WHEN SHE TIRES OF HER FAST LIFE?-HOW A GIRL WHO IS ‘JUST A PAL’ TO A MAN CAN AWAKEN LOVE-GETTING RID OF HUMAN SPONGE.” Public Ledger, 1927.
3. “Two Weddings Prescribed for This Case-Can The Divorced Wife and Mother Prevent Further Wrecking by Letter?-Why Dorothy Dix Looks With Disfavor Upon the Long Engagements,”ns., 1925.
4. “Why a Man Is Justified in Refusing to Marry the Girl Who Expects Him to Help With House-work-Sage Advice to Wife Whose Husband Rebels At Her Cooking-Shall He Marry a Gold-Digger,” ns.,nd.
5. “Widows Who Are Independent Wealthy Make a Grave Error by Rushing Into Marriage With Men Whom They Know to Have Bad Traits-So Don’t Do It,”ns., nd.
6. “The Wife of the Man to Whom Marriage Is Just an Annex to His Bachelorhood-How Can She Tell When She’s in Love? How to Snub the Flirtatious Stranger.” Public Ledger, 1924.
7. “Wives Can Make or Break Their Husbands by the Way They Talk About Them to Other People. Be a Booster and Watch Him Go Up the Ladder of Success,” ns.,nd.
8. “Young Girls Need to Learn a Lot About Proper Decorum, Especially Where Boys Are Concerned, and It is Up to the Latter to Tell Them About It,” ns.,nd.
9. “MAGIC FORMULA FOR MAKING A GIRL ATTRACTIVE TO MEN,” THE FLAPPER MOTHER OF A FLAPPER DAUGHTER,”ns.,nd.
10. “Wisdom of Thrift – Nestegg for Old Age, Making Life’s Sunset a Pleasant One,” ns.,nd.
11. “Men Are Blamed for Slump in Marriage; Prefer Automobiles to Perambulators. High Cost of Living May Be One of the Chief reasons for Bachelorhood. Men Fear Alimony,” ns.,nd.