Box 3 - Writings by Dix - Dictates and Love’s Commandments
Folder 15 of 22
Article and reprints of her happiness rules and commandments
1. “10 Rules For Happiness Repeated by Dorothy Dix,” by Dorothy Dix [Chicago Tribune] nd. (2 copies).
2. “Ten Essential Rules Given For Happiness.” Reprint of her 10 rules, nd., ns.
3. “Miss Dix’s Dictates For A Happy Life.” Three different prints used in presentations on Dix, APSU, 1991-present.
4. “Love’s Commandments. 1) Thou shalt have no other love but me. 2) Trust me all in all or not at all. 3) Thou shall not dull me with satiety. 4) Wound me not with cruel words. 5) Thou shall not bind me with fetters. 6) Guard me as jewel of thy soul, for, once lost, I can never be regained. 7) Thou shall not mistake thy family for me,” by Dorothy Dix. Philadelphia Bulletin, nd.
5. “THE SEVEN STAGES OF LOVE,” by Dorothy Dix. She declares that there are seven ages of love in the life of man, ns.,nd.
6. “What a Man Looks for in a Wife,” ten qualities a man should consider most important in a wife. From her book How to Win and Hold a Husband. Doubleday, Doran & Company, Inc., New York, 1939, (p. 52-58).