Box 13 - Dix collection administration and collection announcements
Folder 6 of 6
General newspaper announcements and one press release featuring the new Dorothy Dix Collection available in the APSU library archives. Titles scripted as in original article.
1. “APSU Library Has Dix Book Collection.” The All State, nd.
2. “APSU Gets 7 Books By Dorothy Dix.” The Leaf-Chronicle, nd.,( 2 copies).
3. “Writings On Display.” The Leaf-Chronicle, Thursday, April 21, 1983.
4. “Original Lovelorn Columnist Featured In APSU Exhibit.” Press release, Office of Public Affairs, APSU, April 19, 1983.
5. “Austin Peay Goes Over Dix Books.” The Nashville Tennessean, Friday, November 21, 1969.
6. “Library Tennessean collection is increased.” The All State, November 19, 1969, p.7 (copy of the complete issue).
7. “Dorothy Dix’s advice spans the ages at public showing,” by Amy Ritchart. The Leaf-Chronicle, Monday, July 3, 2006. Article about the Dorothy Dix collection being completely preserved and available to scholars and others to view (4 copies).
8. “APSU features columnist with Auburn ties,” by Jim Turner, ed. News Democrat & Leader, Tuesday, July 18, 2006. Article talks about the preserved Dix collection housed at Austin Peay State University Library Archives and a diary at the museum in Auburn, Kentucky that tells the family connection between the Coke family and the Meriwether family. The diary is written by family member Mary Elizabeth Coke Murdock Bush.
9. “APSU wins national award for Dix documentary,” by Charles Booth. The Leaf-Chronicle, Sunday, April 13, 2014