BOX II. 7 – Biographical - furniture
Folder 7 of 18
Articles about Dix’s furniture of which some were purchased abroad while
on her trips. She had a great interest in good authentic furniture
depicting the design of countries she had visited.
1. “Is Your Home furnished as It Should Be?” “Yes,” Answers Dorothy
Dix,” “If Its Furnishings Express YOU,” by Mary Willis Shuey. Better
Homes and Gardens, November, 1930.
2. “Furnishing a House WITH MEMORIES,” by Harnett T. Kane with Ella
Bentley Arthur. The Times Picayune, Sunday, October 16, 1927.
3. “ALL LANDS FURNISH HOME OF DOROTHY DIX. Results Would Stagger
Decorator, Says Mrs. Gilmer, But Treasures Bespeak Her Own Personality.”
The Times Picayune, Sunday, October 16, 1927.
4. “Dorothy Dix: Her Furniture,” by G. William Nott. Photocopy of the
original at The Historic New Orleans Collection, nd.
5. “Miss Dix,” part of an article in which Dix talks about her furniture
and how she acquired certain pieces, ns., nd.
Dorothy Dix Research Guide (menu)