BOX II. 15 – Biographical - Dorothy Dix Day
Folder 15 of 18
Newspaper and magazine clippings of the Dorothy Dix Day
1. Letter from the Dorothy Dix Committee to leaders of New Orleans
organizations extending invitations to the special day. New Orleans,
La., May 24, 1928.
2. “Notables and Thousands of ‘Just Folks’ Unite in Honoring Dorothy
Dix”. Times Picayune, Monday, June 11, 1928.
3. “Dorothy Dix” Day. Newspaper article describing the picturesque
4. “Dorothy Dix Day Fixed for Sunday In Proclamation. A proclamation was
issued by Mayor A.J. O’Keefe…,” ns.,nd.
5. “THE MOTHER OF THEM ALL!” Drawing of the public reception held for
Dix at the Delgado Museum. Times Picayune, Sunday, June 3, 1928.
6. “Hailed by Orleans Today. City Will Pay Tribute to Dorothy Dix Today
in Museum Reception. Famous Journalist to Be Guest of Honor at Public
Program.” Newspaper article accompanied by photo of Dix [Times Picayune,
June 3, 1928]
7. “’Dorothy Dix Day’ in New Orleans.” Good description of the event
with photo. New Orleans Times-Picayune, June 11, 1928.
8. “The ‘Dorothy Dix’ Rose” [Birmingham Herald, Sunday, Au]
9. “Plan Reception For Dorothy Dix.” Short newspaper article lists
committee members of the Dorothy Dix Day Committee. Times Picayune, May
10. “If the ‘Dorothy Dix’ rose be as warmly appreciated as the lovely
woman for whom it is named, its popularity is assured,” ns., nd.
11. “Throng Cheers For First Lady Of New Orleans. Thousands pay Tribute
of Love to Dorothy Dix.” [The Times-Picayune] nd, (from her scrap book).
Dorothy Dix Research Guide (menu)