BOX III. 15 – Writings by Dix - Dictates and
Folder 15 of 22
Article and reprints of her happiness rules and commandments
1. “10 Rules For Happiness Repeated by Dorothy Dix,” by Dorothy Dix
[Chicago Tribune] nd. (2 copies).
2. “Ten Essential Rules Given For Happiness.” Reprint of her 10 rules,
3. “Miss Dix’s Dictates For A Happy Life.” Three different prints used
in presentations on Dix, APSU, 1991-present.
4. “Love’s Commandments. 1) Thou shalt have no other love but me. 2)
Trust me all in all or not at all. 3) Thou shall not dull me with
satiety. 4) Wound me not with cruel words. 5) Thou shall not bind me
with fetters. 6) Guard me as jewel of thy soul, for, once lost, I can
never be regained. 7) Thou shall not mistake thy family for me,” by
Dorothy Dix. Philadelphia Bulletin, nd.
5. “THE SEVEN STAGES OF LOVE,” by Dorothy Dix. She declares that there
are seven ages of love in the life of man, ns.,nd.
6. “What a Man Looks for in a Wife,” ten qualities a man should consider
most important in a wife. From her book How to Win and Hold a Husband.
Doubleday, Doran & Company, Inc., New York, 1939, (p. 52-58).
Dorothy Dix Research Guide (menu)