Faulkner's Advisory for IT Studies is a database of clearly written
reports covering key topic categories like IT infrastructure, telecom,
wireless communications, data networking, security, enterprise systems,
the Internet & world wide web, and technology vendors. The
reports cover standards, implementation of new technologies, product
comparisons, and more.
Access from on campus or off-campus with an APSU ID.
How to Search Faulkner's
Advisory for IT Studies (FAITS)
Browse the reports by topic or by type of report ('Standards,'
'Implementation,' 'Selection guide,' etc.) by clicking on the
1. Queries are not case sensitive.
2. You can search for any word that is not in the exception word
3. To use special characters in a query (such as &, |, ^, #, @,
and $) enclose your query in quotation marks.
4. You can enter boolean queries using and,
or, and not:
gigabit and ethernet (returns documents that contain both
linux or solaris (returns documents that contain either
5. Search for exact phrases by enclosing the query in quotation
"windows 2000 server" (will retrieve documents containing
this exact phrase)
Printing or Saving:
Reports may be printed or saved in HTML format, or click "PDF
version of this report" at the top of the screen to print or save