Need Help? the RefWorks channel is now available on YouTube. On this dedicated channel, you'll find over 50 video tutorials that will teach you about everything that RefWorks can do for you!
RefWorks 2.0 is bibliographic management software that allows you to import references from online databases, organize your references into folders according to your topics of interest or various assignments, insert references from a variety of formats (MLA and APA) into the body of a research paper, and generate formatted references pages. RefWorks is free for all members of APSU and available from any computer with internet access.
You are required to sign up for an Individual account from RefWorks to use this resource. APSU users are also required to use his or her official APSU e-mail address ending with "@apsu.edu" when signing up for a new account.
Some remote (off-campus) users (such as alumni) may need to access RefWorks using a group code. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the access code. Current students and faculty members can Click here to view the Group code and log-in instructions.
- Import references into RefWorks from library databases and electronic resources. For direct export from databases see the list of compatible databases with export instructions. References from databases not compatible with RefWorks can be entered manually into RefWorks.
- Create bibliographies (Works Cited or Reference pages) from the citations in your RefWorks account. View the help guides listed below for assistance.
- Upload attachments to existing references (up to 200mb of storage space, 5mb upload limit). See Instructions.
- RefShare allows you to share your RefWorks references with other users by creating a custom webpage with a persistent web address. You will also have the option of posting these references to a common webpage available to the APSU community (http://www.refworks.com/refshare/?site=038291146466800000). For help using RefShare, view the online tutorial and print guides
You can use RefWorks to format your in-text citations and create a works cited/bibliography at the end of your research papers. Write-n-Cite is a plug-in for Microsoft Word accessible from all Woodward Library Computers and available to download.Click here to view a guide for using Write-n-Cite (PDF).
- Graduating? Alumni will have lifelong access to RefWorks as long as APSU has a subscription to this product. Access can be obtained using the group code listed above (please make note of the code if you are graduating soon).
- Like Zotero? Keep your citations by exporting them from RefWorks to Zotero (a free Firefox extension for managing references and creating bibliographies). View detailed instructions.