Wireless Web Printing
Wireless Web Printing will enable you to print to a Woodward Library printer from any computer connected to the APSU campus network, student wireless network, or faculty/staff wireless network. This means you will have the ability to print while using your laptop within the library and while using your dorm room computer. When accessing this service from computers outside the campus network, you will be required to authenticate with a valid username and password.
You will have one hour to retrieve your print job once it has been submitted.
Please remember that this program processes print jobs through an internet connection. Therefore, it may take several minutes for large files to appear at the print release station.
Support Documents Include:
|Document Types||Standard File Extensions|
|Microsoft Excel||.xls, .xlsb, .xlsm, .xlsx|
|Microsoft Paint||.tif, .tiff|
|Microsoft PowerPoint||.ppt, .pptm, .pptx, .pps, .ppsm, .ppsx|
|Microsoft Word||.doc, .docm, .docx, .rtf, .txt|
|Web Browser Printing||.bmp, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .htm, .html|
How to Use Wireless Printing:
- Click on the link to "Upload a Document or Webpage for Web Printing" above.
- Type your APSU e-mail address into the User Information section.
- Use the browse button provided to find name of a document from your computer or enter the URL address (ex: http://www.apsu.edu) of a web page you want to print.
- Click on the "Print" button located at the bottom of the page.
- You should see a message stating that your document has been added to the queue.
- After a few seconds, a new screen will appear that lists all the jobs you have printed. When the status of the job changes from "processed" to "printed" your document is ready to be picked up from the printer.
You will now have 60 minutes to release your print job at the library wireless print release station. (Print jobs not released within 60 minutes will be cancelled).
- Go to the wireless printing station located near the library entrance and select the print job(s) listed under your e-mail address on the Wireless Print Release Station. Click "Start Printing".
- You may check on the status of your document by returning to the link listed at the top of the page, typing in your e-mail address, and clicking on the "Document Status List" button.
For additional questions concerning wireless printing please Ask a Librarian.