Literature Resources from Gale
Literature Resources from Gale provides access to biographies, bibliographies, and critical analysis of authors from every age and literary discipline. Literature Resources from Gale covers more than 90,000 novelists, poets, essayists, journalists, and other writers, with in-depth coverage of 2,000 of the most-studied authors. Search by author name, title, genre, literary movement or literary themes, or combine criteria to create a custom search path. Literature Resources from Gale cross searches Literature Resource Center along with many other Gale literature databases for which Woodward Library has a subscription (Shakespeare Collection is not included).
Resources included are:
- Contemporary Literary Criticism, featuring entries on all authors appearing in the CLC since volume 95 of the print series and complete profiles of 266 most studied authors from editions prior to volume 95
- Dictionary of Literary Biographies, including everything through volume 323 of the print set except images, yearbooks, and the Documentary Series
Literature related e-books from the Gale Virtual Reference
Using this link, all the e-books listed below can be
searched together in the GVRL. Titles Include:
American History Through Literature 1820-1870 , 3v, 2006
American History Through Literature 1870-1920 , 3v, 2006
Cambridge Guide to Children's Books in English , 2001
Contemporary Novelists 7th ed., 2001
Dictionary of Literary Symbols , 1999
Reference Guide to Holocaust Literature , 2002
Reference Guide to Short Fiction , 2nd ed., 1999
Reference Guide to World Literature , 3rd ed., 2v, 2003
- Literature Resource Center, with up-to-date biographical information, overviews, full-text literary criticism and reviews on more than 130,000 writers in all disciplines, from all time periods and from around the world.
- LitFINDER, contains a wealth of literary works including over 150,000 full-text poems and 800,000+ poetry citations, as well as short stories, speeches, and plays
- MLA Int'l Bibliography, indexes books, articles and dissertations published on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and linguistics, providing coverage from 1926 to the present
- Scribner Writer's Series, featuring more than 1,500 biocritical essays on authors of all nationalities and time periods
- Twayne's Author's Series, including Twayne's U.S. Authors, Twayne's English Authors, and Twayne's World Authors
See also the Gale Literary Index, an author and title index to 40 major literature series published by the Gale Group.