All library materials including laptop computers, reserve items, recordings, audiovisual materials, and audiovisual equipment are checked out at the Check-Out Desk located on the main level (level 2) near the front entrance. All materials checked out at the Check-Out Desk must be returned to the Check-Out Desk or to the outside book drops labeled "Book Depository" located to the left of the front entrance. Laptops, equipment, large books, and Interlibrary Loans must be returned to the Check-Out Desk inside the Library.
- Austin Peay State University faculty, faculty emeritus, faculty retired, adjunct faculty, administrators, staff, students, and alumni are eligible to borrow books and other materials from Woodward Library. Residents of Clarksville and nearby communities may apply for a Courtesy Card to obtain borrowing privileges from Woodward Library.
- The University Identification Card, with a current semester validation, when appropriate, is to be used by all University borrowers. All courtesy card holders must show their borrower card and photo ID.
- Books from the General Collection, Special Collections, Popular Reading Collection, and Government Document Publications are checked out at the Check-Out Desk upon presentation of valid identification. Additionally, materials from the Government Document Collection can be checked out to residents of the Seventh Congressional District holding a driver's license or other means of identification.
- Loan periods are determined by patron category and material type.
- Reference Materials and Periodicals do not ordinarily circulate. In exceptional circumstances, and with the approval of Information Desk personnel, check-out is allowed.
Adopted Jul. 10, 2001; revised Aug. 26, 2016