The purpose of the Library Web Site Procedures for New
or Substantially Revised Web Pages is to maintain the
integrity of the Library Web Site by providing a uniform
and consistent appearance.
New Web Pages
1. A formatted web page template named Template
with the appropriate .css (cascading style sheet) for
the header (top navigation menu), footer (library
contact information), and a table (area to create new
content) is located in the New Web Pages folder.
2. The New Web Pages folder is located in the
3. Create new web pages using the formatted template.
Keep content within the center table. This table is
identified with broken lines ---. You may consult a
member of the Webmaster Team if needed.
4. Save new web pages in the New Web Pages folder using
your last name followed by number (e.g. Smith1, Smith2,
5. The Webmaster Team will rename and save the pages to
the appropriate folders. Inform Webmaster Team if newly
developed pages need to be linked to specific pages.
6. Pages that have been published from the New Web Pages
folder will have the MG filename extension added to
identify that the Webmaster Team has viewed the pages.
7. The Webmaster Team will look in the New Web Pages
folder on a regular basis for newly developed pages.
Contact the Webmaster Team if pages need to be published
8. The Webmaster Team will send an email report to all
library personnel notifying them of newly developed web
pages published to the Library Web site.
1. Substantial Revisions are changes to web pages that
effect the content significantly enough that
other library employees or library users should be aware
of the changes.
Substantially revised page are any changes
to policies, services, hours, etc…
Non-Substantially revised pages are personal pages,
correcting typos, updating pages without changing the
2. Revise current web pages within existing folder.
3. Notify the Webmaster Team via email with links to
4. The Webmaster Team will not change content, but will
view the revision for consistency.
5. The Webmaster Team will send an email report to all
library personnel notifying them of the revisions to the
Library Web site.