Coordinator of Technology Resources
Kebede serves as the Coordinator of Technology Resources Unit of the Library, which includes two computer technicians, and a student assistant. He reports to the Director of Library Services and is responsible for the overall coordination and direction of the Library's Technology Resources Unit. He provides leadership in the planning, development, and management of the Library's technological infrastructure, which includes 10 servers running various library systems and applications, more than 180 student-use workstations, 38 laptops and Macbooks for students checkout, 40 staff-use computers, a number of network printers and other equipment, and numerous software packages. He works closely with the University’s Office of Information Technology (OIT), and serves as a liaison to various library system vendors. As the Systems Librarian, Kebede manages and supports key library systems, including the Sierra integrated library system and ILLiad. He performs all aspects of traditional and electronic reference services, and teaches APSU 1000.
Kebede also serves as the Library Liaison to the Department of Computer Science & Information Technology.
- Faculty Professional Development Assignment Committee, Library Faculty Representative
- Faculty Handbook Committee, Library Faculty Representative
- International Recruitment and Admission Committee, Chair
- Library Coordinators Council, Member
- Library Technology Committee, Co-chair
- Library Professional Development Committee, Member
Employed at APSU since: 2011
- B.A., Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia, 1993
- M.I.S., Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia, 1997
Phone: (931) 221-7959
Fax: (931) 221-7296
Office: Library 311